- The Best Advice I Ever Got on Marriage: Transforming Insights from Respected Husbands & Wives / Jim Daly Discover the advice that helped the marriages of Christian authors, speakers, and entertainers in this inspiring collection from Focus on the Family. The transforming advice these couples received when they needed it most is what will motivate newlyweds as well as golden-years couples to strengthen their ties and keep their lifelong bond growing. Contributors include: Andy Stanley, Ken Blanchard, Gary Smalley, Les and Leslie Parrott, Joni Eareckson Tada, Stormie Omartian, Jeff and Shaunti Feldhahn, Lee Strobel, and singer Phil Joel (Newsboys).
- Marriage Builder: A Blueprint for Couples & Counselors / Larry Crabb Psychologist Larry Crabb cuts to the heart of the biblical view of marriage: the ‘one-flesh’ relationship. He argues convincingly that the deepest needs of human personality — security and significance — ultimately cannot be satisfied by a marriage partner. We need to turn to the Lord, rather than our spouse, to satisfy our needs. This frees both partners for ‘soul oneness,’ a commitment to minister to our spouse’s needs rather than manipulating them to meet our own needs.
- The 5 Love Languages: How To Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate / Gary Chapman Married more than 45 years to Karolyn, Dr. Gary Chapman is just the man to turn to for help on improving or healing our most important relationships. His own life experiences, plus over thirty-five years of pastoring and marriage counseling, led him to publish his first book in the Love Language series, The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate.
- The Power of a Praying Wife / Stormie Omartian Stormie joyfully inspires you to develop a deeper relationship with your husband by utilizing the amazing power of prayer. This uplifting resource is packed with practical advice on praying for specific areas of your husband’s life, including his
- spiritual strength
- role as father, leader
- faith and future
If you desire a closer relationship with your spouse, you will appreciate the life illustrations, encouraging Bible verses, and the assurances of God’s promises and power for your marriage.
- His Needs, Her Needs: Building An Affair-Pr0of Marriage / William Harley In the classic bestseller His Needs, Her Needs, Willard F. Harley, Jr., identifies the ten most vital needs of men and women and shows husbands and wives how to satisfy those needs in their spouses. He provides guidance for becoming irresistible to your spouse and for loving more creatively and sensitively, thereby eliminating the problems that often lead to extramarital affairs. This revised and expanded edition has been updated throughout and includes new writing that highlights the special significance of intimate emotional needs in marriage.
- Boundaries In Marriage / Henry Cloud & John Townsend Learn when to say yes and when to say no–to your spouse and to others–to make the most of your marriage. Only when a husband and wife know and respect each other’s needs, choices, and freedom can they give themselves freely and lovingly to one another. Boundaries are the “property lines” that define and protect husbands and wives as individuals.