- The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every story whispers His Name / Sally Lloyd-Jones Tells that Story beneath all the stories in the Bible. From Noah to Moses to the great King David, every story points to a Child. The one upon whom everything would depend…There are lots of stories in the Bible. But all the stories are telling one big story. The story of how God loves his children and comes to rescue them. The Jesus Storybook Bible invites children to discover for themselves the one who is at the center of God’s great rescue story — and at the center of their story, too. Because the Bible isn’t a book of rules. Or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a story. And at the center of that story is a baby. And every single story in the Bible whispers his name.
- Growing Together In Courage / Barbara Rainey Whatever it is, He’s bigger. Courage isn’t the absence of fear. It’s choosing faith instead. But courage usually comes into our lives through hard choices. Will we choose what’s easy or hard? Sacrifice or selfishness? Feelings or faith?
The difference between courage and cowardice is found not in our own strength but in God’s—and in our ability to trust Him. In these moments we decide whether we’ll do what the Bible teaches, or go our own way. We’ll find security in God’s promise to always be with us. . . or look elsewhere.
Families need to talk about courage, because we’ll all have moments of difficulty that demand tough decisions. And courageous role models can take us to a place of faith. These true stories capture our attention, granting vision and worthy examples that will redefine courage for every age.
With captivating stories to read as a family, this seven-day interactive devotional from speaker and best-selling author Barbara Rainey saturates minds and hearts with memorable accounts and vivid illustrations of true heroes who made noble choices.
Each day also includes:
- A key Bible verse
- Questions to discuss together
- A suggested prayer
- A personal record of your family’s character as it relates to these stories
Encounter real-life heroes right in your living room—and begin to grow together in character as a family.
Growing Together in Courage is part of The Character Stories for Families Series: Heart-changing history.
- Jesus Calling / Sarah Young Jesus Calling is a devotional filled with uniquely inspired treasures from heaven for every day of the year. After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to listen to God with pen in hand, writing down whatever she believed He was saying to her.
- My Utmost For His Highest / Oswald Chambers For years, millions of Christians the world over have trusted the spiritual companionship of Oswald Chambers’ beloved daily devotional, My Utmost for His Highest.
- Streams in the Desert / Cowman For years, the beloved classic devotional Streams in the Desert® has sustained and replenished God’s weary desert travelers.